- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
24. Do I have to provide a medical certification for my or my family member's serious health condition?
Subject:Family Medical Leave
Yes. You have 15 days from the date OHR is notified of the leave to provide the medical certification. Certification is required for pregnancy complications, but is not required for the birth or to care for a newborn. To qualify for FMLA and OFLA, your doctor must certify that you have a serious health condition and must also state that you are unable to work because of it.