- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
02. Does Oregon have a family and medical leave law?
Subject:Family Medical Leave
Yes. The state has the Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA). However, in most cases, OFLA leave also qualifies as FMLA leave. As long as leave qualifies under both the FMLA and OFLA, its use is counted against both entitlements so employees are usually not eligible for more time off under OFLA. In some cases, OFLA does provide more time off than FMLA and the additional time is then charged only against the employee's OFLA leave balance. Refer to question 14. OFLA provides job protection for time off, but does not provide employer paid health insurance while on leave without pay.