- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
09. How does the law define a parent?
Subject:Family Medical Leave
A parent is defined as any individual who had day to day and financial responsibility for you when you were a child. A grandparent, aunt, uncle, etc. could be considered to be your parent.